Dog Years To Human Years
If your dog was a human, how old would he be?
Ever wonder how old your dog is in human years? Not all breeds age alike, so use this program to calculate your dog’s “human” age.
Dog Year Calculator
However, if you own a dog, you may have learned this rule: 1 year for Fido = 7 years for you. Turns out, math is not that easy. Dogs grow quicker than we do early. Therefore, the first year of your furry friend’s life is only 15 human years.
What factors affect on dog’s age?
Size and breed play a part as well. Smaller dogs appear to live longer than bigger dogs, but may grow quicker in the first few years of life. A big pup may mature more gradually at first, but he’ll be about the middle age of 5. Tiny and toy dogs do not become “seniors” until about the age of 10. Medium-sized pooches come on all counts right near the south.
After you have adopted a dog or a puppy, and you don’t know its history, you may not know how old it is. Nevertheless, if you don’t know the date of birth, you can always guess her age without using dog age calculator.
Her teeth are intended to give you a vague indication of her age. Such rules can vary from dog to dog, and they will rely on the sort of dental treatment (if any) they had before you got pet.
- By 8 weeks: All baby teeth are in.
- By 7 months: All permanent teeth are in and are white and clean.
- By 1-2 years: Teeth are duller and the back teeth may have some yellowing.
- By 3-5 years: All teeth may have tartar buildup and some tooth wear.
- By 5-10 years: Teeth show more wear and signs of disease.
- By 10-15 years: Teeth are worn, and heavy tartar buildup is likely. Some teeth may be missing.
Your vet can also assess her age on the basis of a full physical exam or examinations that look at teeth, knees, muscles, and internal organs. Senior dogs can exhibit certain clear signs of aging.
- Cloudy eyes
- Gray hair. It starts around the muzzle then spreads to other areas of the face, head, and body.
- Loose skin
- Stiff legs
Dog Year Chart & Calculator
|Size of Dog||Small||Medium||Large|
|20 lbs or less||21-50 lbs||51 lbs or more|
|Age of Dog||Age in human years||Age in human years||Age in human years|
How many calories should my dog eat?
Ever wondered how many calories should your dog eat? Check out on Dog Food Calculator